Monday, March 9, 2015

Ekta - Public Painting

Street art by Ekta on the side of The White building, along the River Lea Navigation at Olympic Stadium on August 7, 2013 in London, England.
 
 
A Swedish artist, she grew up on London, but later moved back to Sweden.  From an interview she says: I usually start with a very vague idea or no idea at all as to what I’m painting or drawing, I make stuff up as I go along, it would bore me to death to have a fixed idea that just needs to be realized. I don't like to be obvious with my work and I don't want it to be too vague either, in between is good. There’s a lot of lines involved in my drawings but I tend to stay away from lines completely when I paint and just use blocks and shapes of color, it's a good way for me to not get bored the process. I prefer painting but when I've done that for a while it's good to swap to lines and drawing for a bit. For painting I use acrylics and spray paint, I usually don't mix the two (unless sometimes when painting outdoors) as for drawing its just pens. I don't have a standard or some specific brand or size that I always use, I recently started drawing a bit more with a brush and ink which is something I'll continue with for sure, I've been very focused on tidy & clean lines when I'm drawing and using a brush allows me to try and be a bit less “perfect.” see: http://www.juxtapoz.com/current/interview-with-ekta

No comments:

Post a Comment